YLC Community Service Opportunities
Each speaker series has the following student volunteer opportunities:
- Registration- assist with student check-in on iPads and welcome them to the meeting
- Name Tags- arrive by 4:40 pm to help organize name tags alphabetically, hand them out to students upon arrival, and collect them at the end of the meeting.
- Icebreaker– organize an icebreaker game that students can easily play during social time. Coordinate with the YLC leaders for ideas.
- Introduce the Speaker– the YLC leaders will provide you with speaker introduction notes. You will be tasked with introducing yourself to the speaker during social time and then introducing them to the group.
- Report News/Notes– YLC leaders will provide you with updates/notes to give to the group during the program.
- Thank You Notes– write thank you notes to the speakers and any meeting hosts the week after the meeting. YLC leaders will provide you with names/addresses.
WSL Community Service Opportunities
YLC Students also have the option to volunteer at WSL events and earn community service hours. You may sign up here.
Record Your Hours
Please record any hours that you volunteer for WSL or YLC events using this form
Students who demonstrate leadership and service will receive recognition at our year-end Awards Celebration!
If you need verification for your school of any hours worked, please email Youthleadershipcouncil@wslaustin.org and we will be happy to sign for you.