For the year 7/1/2019 – 6/30/2020
- Attend New Member Orientation Reception and 1 New Member Social Event – choose from a variety of dates and locations or come to them all! Fun gatherings like
happy hour, coffee talk, cooking class, pottery painting.
- Work 1 shift (approx 2-3 hours) at both annual fundraisers: Jewel Ball events (options include Soirée, Fashion Luncheon, and Ball – all in September) and Red Haute Valentine Party & Children’s Style Show (early February); flexible shifts available, work from home, before or after the event if preferred.
- Fulfill 1 committee assignment for any of our WSL Committee Chairs including: Austin Symphony Development Fund, Children’s Day Art Park, Teacher Appreciation, Subscriber Mailings, Membership Meetings, Orchestra Relations, POPs Concerts, Simonitas, or Young Peoples’ Concerts.
- Meet annual Financial Obligation of $475 if married/$295 if single which includes:
○ Annual Dues
○ New Member Fee
○ Contribution toward Spring Style Show Fundraiser (available as credit to use toward an event ticket)
○ 2 Jewel Ball tickets (1 for unmarried members, option to purchase additional)
○ Catered food and refreshments at approx 6 meetings per year
After a new member has completed her first year and becomes an Active Member, the requirements are below:
- ACTIVE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS are the same but without the New Member Orientation, New Member Social or Fee. Committee assignments may be fulfilled through Board Service.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS (available after seven (7) years of Active membership + 1 year New Membership) are limited to financial obligations of paying dues and financially supporting both fundraisers.
Download a PDF of the requirements here.
If you are interested in membership in the WSL, contact the New Member Chair at email@example.com to inquire about membership.